Tuesday 4 June 2019

Back to School, oh what a magical time


So, I'm going to start blogging more, and we'll see how this goes. But, I'm going to show off what I've been painting and as it's now June, expect a few state of the patining projects to appear. So, what have I painted recently?

A while back, I was able to pick up the Harry Potter-Miniature Adventure Game by Knight Models. This was due to a serious of Amazon vouchers from work. When the game was announced, I was intrigued, I'm part of the Harry Potter generation, however, when the game was released the high cost of the starter set and models put me off.

It's amazing how things change when you get a bunch of Amazon vouchers. So, having owned the set for a few months, and not the customary years as a lot of models get owned for I've begun to paint them up




Firstly, on the right, we've got Ron Weasley. I do love the pose and the sculpt. It has the sort of relaxed attitude and carefree lifestyle that Ron has in the books. I patined him in the traditional Gryffindor school robes.  I love all of the scuplts, especially the limited Voldemort, but they suffer from something quite serious.

They are made from a type of resin, different from the Finecast from Games Workshop, which allows them to cast quite delicate parts, like wands. Which break very, very easily. I've snapped both Ron and Hermione's wand and ask you can see from the Death Eaters below, I've not snapped a wand but now lost the end.



The Death Eaters were okay to paint, lots of black, and dark colours, with some nice spot colours in the metal mask, the flesh and the wands. Up next on the painting table are Hermonie and Harry.

No comments:

Post a Comment