Monday 11 January 2016

New Year's resolution

So it's been a while in coming, but what resolutions have I made for the forthcoming year. Well I've got two main ones.

1)  Firstly, paint more models. It sounds simple, but last year I painted exactly the same number of models as I bought. Though, that's good, there was no net decrease in the spreadsheet. It does mean that I've not decreased the number of unpainted models I own.

To this end, I've gone through the spreadsheet that I use to keep a track of what I've brought and made a list of everything I've not painted yet. It's quite a lot, and it only goes back four years. I should get back to painting.

So far I've only bought three models this year and I've painted seventy five so things are look good for. 

2) Finally, I need to take a stock take of my models. I've got nearly six thousand of them, and I'm sure that there are plenty that's not accounted for. For example, I'm sure that I've got a Blood Angels Dreadnought, that someone gave me, however it's not on the spreadsheet. So that will happen.

This will most likely happen when I move house. So later in the year.

Finally, there are two resolutions that will be longer lasting. Firstly, play more games and post up reports. Secondly, try to consolidate the larger number of models I have into armies. For example I've got a 500 point Dwarf army, and so I'm going to look into expanding that.

Here's to the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment