Monday 17 February 2020

Back to Wednesday night Bolt Action

   Having finished the Battle of Durstien, our regular Wednesday night gaming has shifted to playing Bolt Action, so that we can get up to speed with the rules ahead of our next big game. Terry and I have been working through a number of the Bolt Action campaign books. Firstly, the Battle of the Bulge, then Operation Sea Lion, and more recently The Western Desert. From this, we’ve got a good grasp of the rules, even some of the smaller ones that everybody forgets such as Dawn Assault or how infantry can assault tanks (good fun if you get it to work).


    Jim and John have not played as much, and so we brought 500 points a piece, and had a game. I brought Italians and allied with Terry’s Germans. Opposing us was two Brits, including a Cromwell. The Germans were deployed around a number of vehicles, which were the objectives that the Brits were trying to capture or destroy. The Italians, had gone ahead to scout, and would be arriving, on turn 2.  


  All in all, we only managed to play through four turns, but it was a good fun game, lots of brutal, short distance firefights, which decimated Terry’s Germans, though he did inflict a lot of damage in return. 
  I’m getting to the end of my Italian project. I need a few more units. A squad of Bersagelieri, an auto Berlinda are the two main things, I’m after. The army is coming together, I’ve got a few team weapons and artillery options to go and the army is done.
I'm moving onto look at my Desert Rats, which have already been started as I've been painting vehicles, which has been great fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment