Thursday 27 February 2020

February update.

So, this is written a bit early, as I’m out on holiday for the final week of February. Don’t worry, I’ll be taking plenty of models with me to build. Key projects are a ton of metal LOTR Orcs, that I picked up on the recent Made to Order and Baron’s War models, that I got from the recent Kickstarter. 
This month has been a quiet one in terms of purchasing. Last month, I brought 31 models, this month, I’ve added a further 10. Highlights include an Autobalinda for my Desert Italians and winning the Voyage of the Dammed boxset of eBay, for a bargain price.
I also purchased, the new Lord of the Rings Models, Helm Hammerhand, (foot and mounted) and Snaga and Grishnak. I love these sculpts and can’t wait to build them on my upcoming holiday.
In terms of painting, I’ve had a really productive month and got another 55 models. I’ve still got ten more in process, but I am well past my effort to keep at an average rate of 2 models a day. The build of these are the Corsairs of Umabar, painting the plastic box of 24 plus a couple of command models. 
Durstien in Action
I’ve been able to finish the majority of my Italians, which if I’ve not mentioned before are awful models. I don’t know if it’s poor sculpts or the facts that the moulds are old, but they have not been enjoyable to paint. I’ve also started my Perry’ plastic British Desert Rats, and boy, after painting Italians, these have been fun to paint. I’ve completed one squad, and a second squad is currently being painted. 
Due to going away I won’t be able to get these models based, which will done at the back end of March, but that’s not too much of an issue. 
In terms of gaming, it’s been a mixed bag. I’ve not done so well at Bolt action, having played three of them, at the time of writing. We won the first Napoleonic game, and then the main highlight of the month was the battle of Durstien, which though technically is still ongoing, and is due a write up, which I’m going to do on my holiday, was tremendous fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment