Thursday 13 February 2020

The Imperium of Man must burn.

So, after making my decision about my new 40K being Chaos Space Marines, I’ve been thinking about how I want to do them. Do I go for one of the traitor legions, if so, which one. Do I go renegade and make my own homebrew Warband. 
I went through the Legions and the ones’ that I like the most are Iron Warriors, Night Lords and the Alpha Legion. Out of the three of them, I prefer the Alpha Legion, however I’m going to do them in 30K and after thought I couldn’t be bothered to paint the yellow and black stripes or lightning bolts on numerous models. 
And after, reading Codex Chaos Space Marines, I’ve been really drawn by the Black Legion, and so I’ve decided to go for my own Warband, which has been drafted/merged into the Black Legion. I’ve even thought of a background.
Abbadon has unleashed the Great Rift, splitting the empire of Man. The 4th company of the Knights Penitent, along with veterans from the 1st company and scouts from the 10th, were deployed to Groximia V to quell an Anti-Imperium uprising. The battles went well, but the Abbadon deployed Khorne Berzerkers and suddenly the Knight Penitent's was on the back front.
Surrounded, things look bleak for the Knights Penitent, and they gathered in prayer for a final fight. Let by Captain Laminus, they made their last stand. The Berzerkers charged forward, and the prayers of the Knights Penitent were answered.
Primarus Marines dropped in from orbit, and changed the balance, forcing Chaos back. The war raged on for another year. Despite, their salvation, the success of the Primarus rankled with the 4thcompany. Seeds of discontent were sown, a hatred for the Primarus grew,until one fateful night. 
Groximia was hanging in flux. It could go either way, until Abbadon himself, teleported in. At this moment, upon seeing the incarnation of chaos, the fires of rage lit within the 4th company, and they opened fire on the Primarus, caught off guard, the priamrus were wiped out and the 4th company pledged themselves to Abbadon. 
They’ve repainted their once blue armour black, and joined in Abbadon campaign, searching for conflict against their Primarus counterparts to take out their vengeance. 
So, here is my background and I quite like it. I’m looking forward to painting up some models for it. Next up is designing a simple chapter badge.

No comments:

Post a Comment