Thursday 20 February 2020

Pelennor update 2

  So, February has come and go, and though there is a week to go, I’m going to be out on holiday, and so I won’t be able to do much painting. However, I will be doing much building. I’ve been storing models to build on this holiday, and so I’ll be building some metal Orcs, that I picked up from the recent Made to Order. Several Mahud Riders and warriors on Foot. I’ve got the King of the Dead in plastic as well. 
Lots of riders in a box.
I’m also thinking about taking a mumak to build. It would be great to get that built, but it’s a huge model, and bringing it back might be difficult. 
In terms of painting, I got the Corsairs of Umbar done, which was nice. I also added a couple of characters, a bosun and a captain, which has reduced the number of models by 26. I wanted to get some Rohan Characters painted, but this has not gone to plan. I did do some sorting out, and all of my Rohirrim cavalry, are now in one very large box, as you can see from the pic to the right. 
So, March is coming in, I’m going to be concentrating on Orcs. I’ve got 35 metal models, plus another few character models with drums and whips, and so I want to get these done. It’s a big task, and I’ve got to get these undercoated, but the nice thing about Orcs, is there great to batch paint. Choose a brown, painting model 1 trousers, model 2 can use the colour for its flesh and finally model 3’s armour can be the same. 
After that, I’ve got to think about bigger things. I’ve got two mumaks, four fell beasts and plenty of riders of Rohan to get through. A further two week holiday in May, won’t help either. 
If you’re wondering, I’ve got 84 models to paint for my Gondor force, and 124 for Mordor.  Plenty to keep my self busy with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment